The following post is current as of February 5, 2021.
Public Relations Senior Account Executive
Commonwealth Consultants is looking for a talented and highly-motivated person eager to take the next step in their career to serve as a Senior Account Executive.
The selected candidate will provide leadership in developing and implementing public relations programs for our clients. The candidate will also work with the company’s executives on internal marketing and other activities that advance the firm’s interest. The applicant must have a minimum of two (2) years of direct professional experience in public relations.
A Leading PR Firm
Commonwealth Consultants, a Top 25 PR Firm in the Washington Metropolitan area for 17 consecutive years, is recognized for having worked on behalf of over 20 Fortune 500 companies as well as serving as the PR firm for 30 of the largest development and transportation projects in the DMV.
The firm is strongly committed to a growth-oriented environment for its staff members where its leadership mentors and cultivates each employee. Since the firm is a small company where each employee has the opportunity to be more challenged than at the larger PR firms, the salaries are higher and the responsibility greater.
We are also a company committed to the community and those in need. Commonwealth Consultants has been awarded the Northern Virginia Chamber of Commerce’s highest award for a small business, Corporate Citizen of the Year, and has been recognized as one of the most generous benefactors in the Region according to the Washington Business Journal. Since 2003, our award-winning corporate Foundation through its scholarship program has funded the college education of seven students living under the poverty level.
Senior Account Executive Will Thrive By
Including but not limited to:
- Managing client accounts independently and successfully
- Developing and implementing client strategies, plans and project schedules
- Envisioning and then writing pitches for press releases, newsletters, marketing and policy letters and other materials to support client and company needs
- Organizing both small and major events for both clients and firm
- Using social media platforms to advance company’s presence as well as client interests
- Coordinating and promoting advertising campaigns utilizing digital engagement and direct mail
- Monitoring relevant news sources and coverage and providing analytics on media reach and impact to firm and clients
- Representing Commonwealth Consultants or its clients at marketing and charitable events
- Supporting the programs and activities of the company’s award-winning charitable foundation
- Executing job duties while maintaining Commonwealth Consultants’ high values of trust
- Minimum of two (2) years of direct experience in public relations
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong and creative writer who understands the difference between newsletter content
- Natural organizer and multi-tasker with superior attention to detail
- Visionary in your work
- Kind team player who loves working with people
- Leader among lions who must be able to work passionately around client and project deadlines, needs and events
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other platforms
- Proficiency in Spanish
- Experience leading past client accounts
- Someone who wants to help company’s charitable foundation help even more children and homeless people escape poverty
- Creative Storyteller for your clients
Great Salary and Generous Benefits:
- Salary is $70,000 per year, plus bonus potential
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Program
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off
- Day Off to Volunteer