The following postings are current as of September 25, 2019.
Community Outreach Manager
Commonwealth Consultants, a Top 20 PR Firm that specializes in working with major public works and transportation projects, is seeking a Community Outreach Manager for a prestigious client. The Community Outreach Manager will serve as the Public Outreach Area Lead on the DC Clean Rivers Northeast Boundary Tunnel Project. The Manager is responsible for public relations support in neighborhoods and with stakeholders impacted by the construction of the DC Clean Rivers Northeast Boundary Tunnel.
The Outreach Manager shall have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in Public Relations within the District of Columbia.
Duties shall include development of presentations and related materials, leading presentations and implementation of the overall external outreach effort outlined by client. This outreach effort should deliver on client goals while aligning with the company’s mission, vision and values.
Responsibilities and Duties
Including but not limited to:
- Developing and implementing plans, schedules, submittals and other documents to comply with owner’s outreach requirements
- Presenting information at local meetings: Advisory Neighborhood Commission and other neighborhood association meetings, forums, etc.
- Delivering presentations to local stakeholders, including government, citizens, businesses, and others
- Understanding citizen concerns with the project to mitigate construction impacts to residents and other stakeholders
- Providing content for DC Water’s communications team
- Providing and updating Public Relations Plan document to organize and schedule design-builder performance
- Assisting with the development and management of employees; supervise and, as necessary, train subordinate Outreach Area Leads
- Managing media relations. Prepares and distributes press releases, statements and other supporting materials to media outlets; acts as company spokesperson.
- Other duties as assigned
- Carrying out job duties while maintaining Commonwealth’s values.
- 5 years’ experience in public relations in Washington, DC
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Understanding of civil construction terminology
- Experience understanding and working to mitigate construction impacts
- Experience leading public meetings
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be able to work evenings